What would be Easter without a nice and goodlooking dessert?
My suggestion this year is a milk chocolate and passion fruit charlotte!
Let’s see the recipe, Chef!
Milk Chocolate and Passion Fruit Charlotte
- 20 g butter at room temperature (for the feuillantine)
- 45 g praline (for the feuillantine)
- 30 g dark chocolate (for the feuillantine)
- 30 g de crispy crepes (for the feuillantine)
- 90 g dark chocolate (for the ganache)
- 10 g unsweetened cocoa (for the ganache)
- 35 g butter at room temperature (for the ganache)
- 100 g liquid cream 30% fat (for the ganache)
- 2 g gelatine sheet (for the mousse)
- 3 passion fruits (for the mousse)
- 1 egg (for the mousse)
- 25 g brown sugar (for the mousse)
- 150 g milk chocolat (for the mousse)
- 250 g liquid cream 30% fat (for the mousse)
- 125 g mascarpone (for the mousse)
- 18 lady fingers
Prepare the feuillantine.
Melt the chocolate with a double boiler.
Whisk the butter until smooth.
Add the praline, mix.
Pour the chocolate and mix until homogeneous.
Crush the crispy crepes and add them to the batter.
Mix gently with a spatula.
Pour in a pastry ring.
Set aside in your fridge for at least 1 hour.
Prepare the ganache.
Heat the cream and remove form the stove once it starts boiling.
Pour on the chocolate and cocoa. Wait 1 minute or 2, then mix.
Add the butter cut in pieces. Mix.
Place a cling film on the surface.
Prepare the mousse.
Soak the gelatine sheet in cold water.
Cut the passion fruits in half. Remove the pulp.
Mix the pulp and drain.
Pour the juice, the egg and brown sugar in a double boiler.
Leave in the double boiler for 5 minutes while whisking.
Melt the milk chocolate and add it to the batter, add the gelatine sheet too.
Mix and set aside.
When it's cooled down, whisk the cream into chantilly.
When the cream starts thickening, add the mascarpone and keep whisking until firm.
Add gently the chantilly to the chocolate batter with a spatula.
Proceed with the assembly.
Place cling film in your charlotte mold.
Place lady fingers all around.
Pour the mousse and set 2-3 tablespoons of mousse aside.
Place the feuillantine on top.
Cover with the rest of mousse.
Add a layer of lady fingers. Press gently.
Set aside in your fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
Remove from the fridge, place on your serving plate and pipe the ganache with a nest nozzle.
Finish decoration as you like.