Hello my friends!
Who’s craving for gyoza?? Of course you are! Me too by the way… 😉
Let’s make chicken gyoza.
The recipe, Chef !
- 250 g all-purpose flour (for the dough)
- 130 g water (for the dough)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (for the dough)
- 250 g chicken fillets (for the filling)
- 1 carrot (for the filling)
- 1 cauliflower floret (for the filling)
- 1 scallion (for the filling)
- 2 cm ginger (for the filling)
- 1 garlic clove (for the filling)
- 2,5 tablespoons light soy sauce (for the filling)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (for the filling)
- Salt (for the filling)
- Pepper (for the filling)
- 2 tablespoons vegetal oil
Mix the flour, water and salt in a large bowl. Knead by hand for 5 minutes.
Shape a ball, wrap in a cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
Cut the chicken, carrot, cauliflower and scallion in very small cubes. Set aside in a bowl.
Grate the ginger and garlic. Add to the bowl.
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut the dough in half and shape each half into a long log, about 1,5 cm diameter.
Cut each log into 1,5 cm pieces.
Flatten with a rolling pin into a round shape until you get 1 mm thickness.
Pour 1 teaspoon filling in the center. Put a bit of water on the boarder with your finger and close your gyoza. Set aside.
Start again until you use all the dough and filling.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, place the gyoza and cook at medium heat for a few minutes.
When the bottom of the gyoza is golden, pour 1/2 glass of water and cover with lid. Cook at low/medium heat until there's no more water (add more water if needed).