It’s still summer time!!
So before watching pumpkins and cabbages grow in our grocery stores, let’s enjoy a bit more the seasonal vegetables!!
Here is my 8-flavors salad!!
Since my 8-flavors sald is very simple (it is just a salad after all!!), I won’t make a long speech…
But I will still underline a fact or two…
Why is this salad different form your usual ones? Because…
– The dressing is made with yuzu olive oil, and that gives an incredible taste! Without burning your mouth 😉 since I also put flower honey in it…
– You will have raw veggies (obviously!!) and cooked ones. Perfect for a nice and easy digestion and also a little diet if you need one!!
– I added roasted nectarine. I love this light sweet touch that echoes with the honey used in the dressing.
I admit, when you give a look at the ingredients list, you will notice more than 8 flavors, but who’s counting??!! 😉
There you go! And if you are not convinced at this point, you will surely agree that it’s at least a good looking salad?
It will be perfect as a side dish for duck breasts or any meat cooked with your barbecue!
A small frying pan with antiadhesive (I chose the smallest of the Affinity range by De Buyer)
And a small bowl.
Okay, let’s move to the next step!
The recipe, Chef!
My 8-Flavors Salad
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful yellow cherry tomatoes
- 15 radishes
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 nectarine
- 2 tablespoons Yuzu olive oil
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flower honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Cut the zucchini in sticks and stir-fry them 3-4 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil in a small frying pan. Set aside.
Cut the nectarine in 8 slices and stir-fry them 3-4 minutes in the same frying pan. Set aside.
Place your baby spinach leaves on a large dish.
Add the vegetables cut as you like them to be.
Add the zucchini and nectarine.
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tabelspoons of Yuzu olive oil, honey and ground ginger. Add salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing on your salad ans serve.